RES Denim (Trading under Bradmill Pty Ltd) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. RES Denim is bound by the Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1993 (the “Act”).
1. HOW DOES RES DENIM COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
RES Denim collects personal information that is necessary for our business activities and in order to provide and develop our services and products. We may do this in a number of ways, including:
• directly from you, when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors;
• from publicly available resources;
• by analysing our own records of the Website; or
• from third parties (where you have consented to such collection or as permitted by applicable law).
RES Denim may ask you to provide personal information (such as name, age, mailing address, phone number, email address and password) when you:
• complete a survey;
• participate in one of our competitions;
• make a purchase online;
• connect via Facebook; or
• contact us
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain website and/or other services not being available to you.
2. PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
As you navigate through the Website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) through various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons and navigational data collection.
The Website may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better services to Website visitors, customise the Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends and otherwise administer and improve the Website for your use.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect from you may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents and contractors) and our related companies for the following purposes:
• to answer any of your queries or otherwise contact you if necessary;
• to allow you to participate in our competitions and other promotions;
• to help us learn more about the visitors to our Website so that we can improve your RES Denim experience and our business;
• to address problems with the Website, our business or our products and services;
• to provide you with information about sales, promotions, and products from RES Denim and carefully selected third parties;
• to develop and maintain our relationship with you and generally to do business with you; and
• any other purpose disclosed to you at the time your personal information is collected.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
RES Denim will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except: to third parties appointed by RES Denim, including our website hosting partner and advertising partner, who assist us to perform services (in which case RES Denim requires these contractors to keep your personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
• where you have expressly consented, to carefully selected third party partners, so that they may inform you of offers, promotions and services;
• in the unlikely event that RES Denim or its assets are acquired by a third party, the information may be provided to that third party;
• in exceptional circumstances, RES Denim may be required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; or otherwise with your consent or where we believe it is appropriate to protect our rights
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website contains links to other (external) websites which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. RES Denim is not responsible for the content of any external website. We encourage you to always review the privacy policies of external websites before providing any personal information.
6. HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
RES Denim will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information held by it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may seek access to, and correction of, personal information which RES Denim holds about you and we will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. There are certain exemptions which may apply to the provision of that information.
Requests for access to personal information held by RES Denim should be sent to our Head Office via firstname.lastname@example.org email or via a written request to 68 Hanover Street Fitzroy 3065 VIC Australia.
8. QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS